Senator representing Bayelsa east senatorial district, Ben Murray Bruce on Tuesday lamented over the ill-treatment from the Operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), who he allegedly accused of barring him from exchanging pleasantries with President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to tweets from Bruce’s official Twitter handle, the incident was reported to have occurred at the presidential villa yesterday, during dinner to mark the 2016 democracy day.


“I was at the Presidential villa today. Went to the President’s table. DSS wouldn’t allow me greet him but let another Senator greet him,” he tweeted.
My critics say I shouldn't criticize the President openly, so I go and meet him one on one and I'm blocked. Am I not a Nigerian citizen?

Ben Murray-Bruce ‎@benmurraybruce
I was at the Presidential villa today. Went to the President's table. DSS wouldn't allow me greet him but let another Senator greet him!

“I was at the Presidential villa today. Went to the President’s table. DSS wouldn’t allow me greet him but let another Senator greet him,” he tweeted.

#Team_NIS

Comments