Buhari Told Me that He needs a yoruba VP that will Replace him when he Dies - Pastor Bakare

Buhari Told Me that He needs a yoruba VP that will Replace him when he Dies - Pastor Bakare
Pastor Tunde Bakare and President Muhammed Buhari


Popular pastor, Tunde Bakare has said that President Muhammadu Buhari chose him as a running mate in 2011 because he wanted a Vice President who could properly manage Nigeria in case of his death.

Bakare, the General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, also revealed that Buhari rejected former Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as a running mate.
The cleric made the revelation while speaking to members of his church in Lagos in January 2017.
“After I was called and I went to Abuja, and I sat with Mr President or General Buhari then, I said why me? ‘I’m not a politician’, ‘I do not belong to any political party’, ‘I am not carrying card of any party, why me’?'" Bakare said in an audio recording obtained by The Cable.
“He gave me all the reasons, they are written in the book; Strategic Intervention in Governance. He gave three reasons, but the one that made everyone around me that day to doff their hats was when he said: I am not as young as you think, and even Yar’Adua that is younger is dead.
“In case I die, I know you can hold the nation together. That was when Jim (he didn’t give his surname) removed his cap and said egbon, you must agree,” he added.
Bakare and Buhari contested on the platform of the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) but lost to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Comments